Conventional oil pump systems are mainly used out of price and robustness reasons. The Trochocentric gearing systems have advantages over the today's used technology.
Advantages of TPV's gear Technology
- The Duocentric-IC gear system has a higher displacement with using the same dimensions like a common Gerotor
- The Duocentric-IC gear system has low noise emission and a low pulsation
- The inner rotor can be used as engine lubrication pump without a collar. It can be placed directly on the crank shaft!
Field of application
Conventional oil pumps are used in following application:
- engine lubrication oil pumps (directly placed on the crank shaft or in the oil sump)
- automatic transmission oil pumps (AT pumps)
- double clutch transmission oil pumps (DCT pumps)
- CVT oil pumps
- other application as cooling or lubrication oil pumps